View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 12:56 AM   #214
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

Well, after I got the 1 piece glasses made I coudn't find the channels they sit in to attach to the auto motor system. On top of that the truck would not start after moving twice so ive ben doing a lot of fault finding....

Glass & Gremlins before fault finding began ...

And then, out of the blue the other day I figured it out after ruling out no bad earths, good PCM wiring but no running.

No Gremlins + More Parts

In short , I decapped the injectors planning on a twin turbo build but then changed my mind and went NA with a super victor setup. In short with a stock tune I was dumping up to 2.5 tmes the required fuel and within 4 starts (maybe 5 minutes runnning total) I had fouled the plugs so bad I had no spark. I mean.... the plugs looked like they had done 100,000kms on a car with bad seals and rings. (the pic is after the first soak in some brakeclean)

In light of that, Ive just got some new injectors from an 02 (which flow slighty more), cleaned the plugs, and sent the PCM off for a base tune with someone 3 different people recommended.

That should allow me to get it running more consistently and then I can start on finishing the cab.

Q
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote