View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #341
Billhilly

Re: 41DegreesSouth Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7dee2 View Post
We had a 73 GMC motorhome that had a overhead shelf just like that very handy! Very impressive build sir glad to see some bugs on the windshield.
Hey Brett, the 73 must have been quite the beast. It was certainly worth the bother to make the shelf up. Thank you for the compliment! Your chassis/axle build up is looking really sharp! And yeah, bugs everywhere = it's finally driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
I personally think your shroud turned out awesome! I have people tell me all the time that a fan should be half in/half out of a shroud or the fan won't pull air correctly. Some semi's have the fan buried in the shroud and they cool great. On my wife's excursion it's like that and it's never even thought of getting to the top of normal let a lone hot. Either way, it definitely sounds like you're making good progress as your temps did drop. That head liner visor is nice! I had one in a 89 F250 but the design was crap. I can't remember who produced it, but it had to have stiffeners installed to keep it from vibrating it's self off the roof. I like your gauge provisions too. Great job!
Thanks Ryan! As I said, my first foray into square to round. Not perfect, but when I get time I'll dress the welds up and get a proper coat of paint onto it. When the fans are running it doesn't feel anything like twice the airflow I had, but who knows.
A lot of time into that shelf, I told Princess we were going to sell them to the Ameerrican's!