View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #53
WadmalawJoe

Re: HEI distributor tuning problem

I went back out and backed timing down to 5°, it got a little better, then I went to tdc and it was almost gone. It would only make the noise around 2,510-2,530. Trying to find the noise and hold the rpms is easier said then done.
So I'm thinking either my tape is incorrect, as in the parts guy gave me the wrong one or the tdc mark is off. I measured my balancer and told him the size, if the tape is supposed to go all the way around, mine doesn't because I cut it shorter to make it easier to put on. Wish I would've thought to check the length.
It ran ok at tdc, just had to tweak the idle up a touch while the advance was disconnected. Soon as you plug in the advance it jumps to 19-20° .
My spark plugs are all gaped at 40 or 45? Whatever your supposed to gap them to with going to hei.
With limiting adjustable advance, you mean that little cam piece? I've seen it in pictures, it must be up under the rotor or something? if I have one I can't see it.
The adjustment screw inside the can controls how fast the vacuum advance kicks in right ?
Posted via Mobile Device

My youngest son and I picked up a 69 Chevy C-10 on 1/7/22, this is my second 69, it was 10 years ago that I had my other one. So I’m back!!!
WadmalawJoe is offline   Reply With Quote