View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM   #14
jorgensensc

Re: Any Interest In Fold/Flip Rear Seat Kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakyfawcett View Post
I actually love the idea of a fold-away third row seat. I love it so much, I've been debating fabricating some sort of jump-seat arrangement for the third row, like on old Monteros or on the 90's FJ80 Landcruisers.

To me, part of the utility of a "sport utility vehicle" is lost when you have to spend time managing a heavy, bulky third row seat just to have flexible people/load carrying options.

I can carry one one-handed too, but I'd rather not. And I'd rather not have it take up space in my garage when it's not in the Burb.

Just my $.02.
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I don't want to have to remove the third row every time I need to haul something, or put the seat in if I need to haul people. I don't know when I will need to pick something up for my side business and they are usually pretty big items. I may drop the kids off at school, then go pick up the product, or install the products for a customer then pick up the kids from school. I don't have time to go by the house and pick up or drop off a seat.
I'm comPletely aware that the square body suburban seats can be used, again the problem is getting the seats to match the originals. And also there still isn't anywhere to put the third row. When I get these brackets done, the second row will fold down, then flip up against the back of the front seat, similar to newer suburbans. The third row will fold down and flip over into the space created between the now flipped up second row and the raised cargo floor. It won't be completely flat, but you should have a relatively flat cargo area for loading things. I think that there re others that would also like this feature, even though the seat can be carried one handed by people with heart conditions. I guess I just want the option for my pregnant wife ( who drives the burb on a regular basis also) to be able to top and buy furniture or whatever she wants without having to remove seats.
Shawn
Posted via Mobile Device

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote