View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:03 PM   #33
59chev

Re: 59 Apache - Lifelong obsession

I'm slowly making progress, new outer hinge pocket has been welded in. Cut out drivers side floor pan, was ready to replace it then found that I could poke a screwdriver through the driver's side cab brace. I've got it all cut out and ready to put the new one in. In between I bought some parts.

First I found a set of perfect shortbox bed sides and shortbox steps. They are rust free, straight and in bare metal. I didn't mind the longbox when it sat at stock height but once I dropped it I just didn't like the look. After doing the camaro clip on the front, shortening the frame to shortbox length doesn't seem like it will be too bad.

Next, I found a set of wheels. I originally planned on running a set of black Cragar G/T 's or the new Rocket Racing Fuel Wheels but these where too good to pass up. I got 5 rims plus tires . They are 71 z28 5 spoke Rally wheels. They give me a very similar look to the Cragars and fit my limited budget. I can always switch out the rims later. I plan to sell the tires and run the pinner whitewalls that are currently mounted on my old 6 bolt rims.

Here's a quick photoshop I did of what I want the finished truck to look like:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=622133"]59 Apache - Lifelong obsession
59chev is offline   Reply With Quote