View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 10:32 AM   #23
Black66C20

Thanks!

I guess I forgot to go into details on my plans, it’s been so long! COVID times had me busy with research, saving funds and procurement. Pus driving it the way it was!

I am keeping the 400 small block that was in it when I bought it and having the motor shop rebuild it from the bottom up, adding aluminum heads, can, intake and carb. Just building it for pump gas, reliability, street-ability.

The AX-15 may have been a weak link with the updated sbc, I didn’t want to find out, so I bought a NV4500 off a 1993 V8 dodge 3/4 ton and an advanced adapters plate. The NV4500 just needed bearings, seals and new input shaft. AX15 and advanced adapters plate will be posted for sale for someone else to be able to gain an OD gear!

Stole the front crossmember and steering components from the 1988 suburban to bolt in with all new wearable parts - means I’ll gain power steering, power brakes, front disc brakes. Also bought 2.5” lowering spindles and stock length springs/shocks.

Utilizing the 14 bolt rear end off the 1988 suburban, believe it’s a 3.73,
Undetermined if posi or not. Going to swap cab and chassis hubs to fit the fat rear tires under the bed - may need wheel spacers to dial in fitment right. Also bought a disc brake conversion from RuffStuff. Going to lower the rear end 2” but bought new springs/shocks and CaptainFab’s brackets to keep the trailing arms and pa hard bar.

As far as the rest of the truck - while it’s blown apart a million different ways, I’m going to paint all the new parts, the engine bay, transmission tunnel and the underbody. Also going to clean up the firewall and inner fenders. At the same time, I stripped the interior down to seal up all the little holes here and there, replace all the rubber and paint it. New window gaskets and door seals going back in.

I’m hoping by the spring to have all the different stages of the truck back together! My only other plans down the road would be a wiring kit and replace the wood in the bed!
Posted via Mobile Device
Black66C20 is offline   Reply With Quote