View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #9
studeclunker

Re: Ground wire burns out on start

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
Those type of repair terminals that pinch the wire with a plate are really bad. I think that is the problem.
LOL, Oh gosh, they're everywhere on the truck, put there by yours truly! Why are they so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolboxchev View Post
The NSS is kinda a safety thing in another way as I found out. My Brown Heater wire melted through the Purple Solenoid wire and the starter engaged while driving down the road. Had the NSS been in and functioning properly this would not have happened.

I would suggest to start going through the electrical sys by reading the schematics here on the site.

Who knows what other hookie thinga bob fix someone did 35 years ago?????
Oh, that's why I'm logged in here. I'm expert level at Hokey thing-a-ma-bob fix-its.

One of my plans (the evil plot, wah... hah, hah, hah, ha!) is to replace all of the various wiring harnesses on this truck with new. In the meantime I have to make what is there currently work till I have the money. A new NSS has moved way up on the must-get-when-funds-allow list.

Okay, thankfully the main ground had enough length I was able to take six inches out of it to reach nice clean shiny copper. It will be replaced as soon as I can make the forty mile trip to a FLAPS and get a new one. Along with a new body ground as well. I should look-see if they have replacements for the old flat braided wires too.

Oh, by the by, THANK YOU for the help!

Last edited by studeclunker; 03-19-2020 at 08:12 PM. Reason: duh... I forgot!
studeclunker is offline   Reply With Quote