View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:44 AM   #65
67chevy1series

Re: 65 dodge d100 crew cab AKA ''she wants the D''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
That grill looks good, Good score. Those headlight rings are very rare and usually expensive when you can find one.
Yeah I'm going to need to find a nicer set, at least one since the passenger one is thrashed that I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Chrome grill looks nice .
I thought so too, when he offered it up I had to take that opportunity.

Today I gutted the dash of all the unneeded parts and took the front bench out and completely scrubbed the floor. I need to buy a CV front suspension soon so I can start preparing the front if the frame for it, and after that I'm going to need to find a way to make some mounts to fit the LS in there, pretty sure I'll need a oil pan from hoey to give me more clearance, it's going to be a little difficult trying to set the LS as low as I can yet still keeping the lowest point of them oil pan above the lowest point of the crossmember. Want to make a lower transmission tunnel to give some more room in the cab. Also sat in the truck to get a feel for how it's going to be now that the dash is in, and I gotta say I don't like the position if the gas pedal and the brake (maybe I'm used to the c10) but it seems to me that the brake and gas pedal are to far to the right. I'm probably going to move them over to the left 2-1/2 or 3 inches. The gas pedal should be super easy since I can buy an aftermarket pedal assembly that mounts to the firewall and uses a cable instead of a linkage.
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote