View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 08:55 PM   #24
Yamariv

Re: 4 Inch Drop in rear, what's needed to do it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Welcome to the boards. I live in Saskatoon and am doing a 4 inch rear spring drop with adjustable panhard bar and shock relocators on the pictured truck.The front is getting a 2 1/2 dropped spindle. The truck with these items installed will be mobile come Spring and will be glad to meet up with you so you can see the stance and come for ride to see how she feels. Before u go dropping the truck if you do not have one on the truck I highly recommend you get a front sway bar on the truck and if u search this website there are lots of threads on front sway bars. Also decide which size rims/tires you are going to use.
That's a friggen beautiful truck Already Gone! That's an amazing offer and I'm totally up for a ride when the weather gets nice for sure. That would be great to see yours in the flesh and get a feel for how the stance is in person! Yours sits pretty much like mine does height wise. Mines got the heavy duty springs on the build sheet options though so I'm not sure how that would affect things if I kept the stock springs. I had 700lbs of insulation in the bed this morning and the truck barely squatted an inch lol.

I was originally going to do the drop right away while I do the brakes, suspension and shocks but I like the idea of holding off on the drop for a little bit and enjoying the truck while I do the rust work is a better way to go for this winter.

Front and back sway bars or is the front mostly the one worth doing?

Ugh, the tires question.. I have no idea yet. I really like the stock look or ralley wheels but I may go more custom and modern down the road once I eventually do the paint.

Upgrades: Power Steering
3 Core Radiator
7 Hole Gauge Cluster
Power Brakes (Incoming!!..)
1971 350 (Incoming!!..)
Yamariv is offline   Reply With Quote