Thread: 1955 Chevy SS
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #27
dug224

Re: 1955 Chevy SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Chevy View Post
Didn’t take alot of detailed photos, but if there is something u really want to see let me know n I’ll see if I can take a photo of. I removed alot of the 55 metal wheel well to give me more room under the hood n replaced them with the plastic wheel wells from the trailblazer.
It worked out pretty good, had some cutting n fitting to do. I have tried to use as much as I could from the trailblazer, even utilizing the SS n Chevy emblems instead of buying the expensive 55 emblems.
Jeff
Very nicely done. The narrowed dash looks factory. Did not read where your wheels came from. Choices are definitely limited. When I studied putting the entire floor and firewall in, it felt like I was running out of cab room to put seats in. Stayed with factory '59 floor. Will you be using smaller than the TB SS seats? Mine came out of a Saturn Vue. Mini Cooper seats looked promising too. I lowered the body onto the TB frame as low as I could reasonably get it. As a result, my front tires rubbed the top of the wheel opening when I was reversing and turning and when I was going forward up an awkward driveway ramp. When I replaced the front strut assemblies, it all stopped. I must have gained a little height with the fresh springs. Any bigger wheel/tire combo on mine would have not worked.

Last edited by dug224; 07-01-2019 at 06:17 AM.
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote