View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #83
SCOTI

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggyfreud View Post
They work really well so far. At first the button press/level pull to open the door was tight, but the do loosen up as the wear in a bit.

I would recommend them yes. I think you can replicate 80% of what they provide with fresh hinges and a really good door alignment, but I feel like the extra 20% allows them to close even softer. I push as hard as I do on any new car now, versus that extra push I used to need. I also don't have 5 shims stacked behind my door plate anymore which is nice.

I'd say for both sides it was about 6 hours total. My door panels, arm rest, and handles were mostly already off. If you're aren't factor another hour into it.

Would recommend before you do body and paint. Unless you get the upgraded plates they both come in unpainted steel. My the sill plates had a tad bit of surface rust so I painted them flat black. Eventually both plates will come back off for powdercoating.

If you buy the upgrades the door part is still steel, but the door sill plate is polished aluminum I believe.

I also wish I had replaced my door level mechanism at the same time, but easy enough to do later one. I think it would be even smoother then.
Door Level Mechanism?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote