View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Free Candy Inside

Free Candy Inside: 63 Long Panel Build

I'm new to the site and wanted to share my 63 Panel build. I've been over on the c10forum for a while and this build has been slowly happening for the last couple of years (unfortunately), but I'm not knocking it out and trying to get it done in the next couple of weeks to enjoy the summer with it.
I'll start off with some history of it.

I saw it sitting in the back of someones yard in the little town I lived in. One day they rolled it to the front yard and put a for sale sign on it. I told my stepdad about it and he immediately went down and bought it for $1000. The plan was to use it for advertisement for the butcher shop business we were opening up.... then it sat. It sat for a good couple of years without being touched as I was in college and had no $ and my stepdad didn't have extra funds to get the panel going. He wanted to scrap it at one point but I talked him into letting me work off the cost in his butcher shop for the truck. It sat some more.....

A few more years later and I decided to get started on it. Problem was I had never put it in my name. Turns out the guy my stepdad bought it from jumped titles and it was completely wrong, signed in the wrong spot and not notarized. Last time the title was used was in 1979 (6 years before I was born). The guy who owned it prior was named Charles Day, so not even an unusual name and easy to find. After about a month searching I was able to track down a relative through Facebook who put my in touch with Charle's son. He then helped me get a new title and get the thing in my name. Turns out his dad was 90 years old and in a nursing home. He thought it was super cool that his old work truck was still around. His son told me all kinds of stories about riding in it as a teen and having to go around and work with his dad during the summer. When I got it, it still had his dads old leather boots in it, tools, and supplies from his siding business.

On to someone more fun, pictures
Attached Images

Free Candy Inside is offline   Reply With Quote