View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 12:13 PM   #538
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

So while I fitted the lights, @nickwheeler carried on assembling the other side of the front end with the new hose and cut down bolt and nuts.

And finally……..

BOOOOMM !!!!

SOOO PLEASED TO HAVE IT BACK HERE.

Then we had a coffee and jam donuts to celebrate.

Followed by a start up on the rear brakes as the slave cylinders ordered had been delivered in less than 24 hours.

Unlike me, Nick does not have a foul sailors mouth, the air around his head was crystal clear once we started disassembly, whereas I was in a puff of blue smoke tinged with frustration.

Even the disassembly was just not easy, though I am sure there could be an easy disassembly technique.

Once removed……..

Trying the new ones I had bought off eBay it seemed they just did not want to fit, either on the backing or in the drums.

At this point a reference to the service manuals Nick and dan had brought here before, showed that there are actually two sizes specified……..

8” or 203mm for the lower spec 1300cc and 9” drums for the 1600, 2000 and 2300cc models.

So as luck would have it, I had bought 9” brake shoes, and then the slave cylinders I ordered were wrong too, they have a round mounting on my brakes, but the ones I had ordered have a more oval shape, so do not fit.

Guess I have a full set of new, unused parts for sale.

Original part number, now need to find a pair.

And the original slave has some almost illegible details.

FRUSTRATED.Com

Later, and after dark, the lights seem to be really good, I will add one more just inside the roof on the final beam.

Seems shadows will also not be a big problem, maybe.

I guess progress is progress, regardless.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote