View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
Lost 40

Re: "Fair and Square" Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laser145 View Post
One day I hope my finished truck looks as nice as your starting point!

I'm excited to see the black interior with the gold. My truck is copper and saddle, but I'm thinking about a black interior.

What's the suspension setup in those start pics? The tire size?

Cheers

From what I can tell, its has 2" drop spindles up front, and a 4" drop shackle in the back. The front tires are 235 70 R15, and the rear are 275 60 R15.

I bought 2" drop springs for the front and 5" rear leaf flip kit for the back, but have not installed yet. I am thinking of going with Caltracs monoleaf which you can order with a slight drop, and then also putting Caltrac bars on for traction control. I hope someday to take the 350 and turn it into a 383. It currently has a newer GM crate motor with approx. 25-30k miles on it and has the Vortec style heads. It runs fine, but I would like a little more get up and go. If I had the money I would try to put in a pro-charger and rebuild the motor with forged everything, but thats expensive. Plus I would have to get a beefier rear-end and transmission as well. One change effects everything which makes some of these projects way out of my budget. So instead, for now, I am focused on cosmetic stuff that I can afford and do in my free time.
350 Turbo Trans

"Keep it rubber side down, in between the ditches"
Lost 40 is offline   Reply With Quote