View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 10:26 PM   #3
indymachinist

Re: Drivers side kick panel vent door

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick472 View Post
I'm going to say the bracket closest to the pull knob needs to be closer to the vent door. Maybe it's been screwed down in the wrong place.

OR, I'm not familiar with that style of pull knob. Is the forward tip of the knob supposed to stop at the bracket (like shown in your pic) or "pop" up and over the curved portion of the bracket? Can the knob be rotated back so that the leading edge can push past the curve in the bracket?
I fixed the pictures that were tilted funny. The bracket is in the factory holes so it should be where it belongs. I guess I could drill new holes and move it though. I hadn’t really thought of that.

The pull knob is not actually stopping the rod from going any further, there are some factory squished in detent type things in the side of the rod that don’t let it go through the bracket. I could probably sand those off smooth so it could go a little further too.

I was just wondering mainly if the door I have is actually the door that belongs on the driver side. From a forum search I stumbled across a couple pictures that made it look like the rod mount point on the door itself should be in a different spot on the driver side.

My 1968 Chevy shortbed stepside build
indymachinist is offline   Reply With Quote