View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #6
ranger danger

Re: 14 bolt swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn 70 View Post
Don't mean to hijack the thread but....
Do leaf spring perches of LATE 70s 14 bolt match with our trucks if they were equipped with leaf???
Do any of them come in 4.56 gear?
This kind of leads into my next question. Should I ditch the coil springs in favor of leafs? I can't see much difference in the amount of work needed to do either job. Sorry but I don't understand what "Semi Floating" and "Full Floating" means. My purpose for doing this is to gain a little fuel mileage while reducing RPM at freeway speeds. At some point (not too distant future) I will be replacing the turbo 400 for a 700R. The 4.56's in the HO52 are killing me!! I don't tow heavy but I do tow a small 3500# travel trailer or a 16" flatbed with my Jeep on it. What gear ratio would be suggested? I hope no one is offended by all the questions. I just dont want to get it wrong the first time
I'm no stranger to swapping axles and I do weld. I replaced the rear Dana 35c in my jeep to a Ford 8.8. Had to relocate perches and shock mounts and set driveline angle. Did a full axle over lift on it at the same time so the front axle had to get new perches and shock mounts as well.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote