View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Myself

Re: I found my new wheel cleaner!!!!!!!

For starters I prefer to take the wheels off, that way I can get them up on the workbench so I'm not laying on the ground. You can do it one at a time, or all at once. Then I wash them down with some Simple Green, and one of those soft wheel brushes. Get the backside good too, that brake dust is nasty. Hand dry with cotton towels , or something like "The Absorber", or you could blow them off with compressed air. This step keeps the water spots away. Now throw one up there on your workbench, turn on the radio, get out you favorite polish, and get busy. I will usually rub out the whole wheel, then wipe off with a diffent cloth. Old towels or cotton t-shirts work great. Then polish with a polishing cloth. Now get out your wax and do the same thing. Rub down the whole wheel, let it dry, rub it off, then polish with a polishing cloth. Now stand back and say "WOW" as your arms hang there lifeless and numb. Now you can use your favorite spray on detailer after you wash, and in between waxings, just like on your paint. If you keep a good coat of wax on your wheels it will seal out the moisture and contaminants that cuased them to look bad in the first place. I hope this helps.
Myself is offline   Reply With Quote