View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 02:35 PM   #3
no1udknow

Re: 07 avalanche p0302 code driving me nuts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVRLET View Post
With the data provided, was the idle data after you drove it and came back to the house? You have an fuel open loop (OL) fault. Now if you do a cold start, it will be in open loop until it warms up. No problems there. However, if you go from open loop to closed loop and back to open loop, and you have a continuous misfire, the PCM is saying it’s having a hard time trying to control fuel and spark so it goes into open loop fault. You have to get to the bottom of this misfire.

Many times it’s a spark issues, but not always. Since you replaced the coil and plugs, double check the connectors and loose wires at the connector. Also check the fuel injector clip and make sure it’s actually seated on the injector. Loose connectors will affect injector operation. This is a cylinder #2 issue so concentrate there. From the looks of it, this is an intermittent issue and will take some patience to find the fault. But the good news is that you know it’s cylinder #2.

I honestly don’t think it’s a cat issue because it would be more of a p0300 code and not specific to a cylinder.
Yes the second set of data was "DTC triggered" so it only started recording after the fault occurred.
My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote