View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #138
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I haven't worked on it much lately. Too many other obligations. I did start doing some filling on dents. I bought a set of spray guns. I've been looking into painting it myself. I bought a book and DVD on body work and paint. And I'm talking with a local body guy too.

But I had a set back today. I found a garage heater on craigslist. I'm trying to plan ahead for this winter. Come September everyone will be looking and make it hard to get a deal. Anyway, I went to look at it, a reznor 75,000 btu heater and got it for $220. When I picked it up to load into my car I ruptured my right biceps tendon. It's not even that heavy, maybe 75 pounds and not really a strain to lift. It just let go.

So now I'm in a sling and will probably have surgery next week. The good news is that the recovery time is not too long, about a month one doctor said. Kind of sucks though with the timing. Softball for my kids is coming to an end and I was going to find a little more free time. Now everything is delayed. Work, house repairs, playing with the truck, etc. I guess I'll have time to study my body repair and paint lessons.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote