View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 07:02 PM   #73
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

I had to steal some time away from the truck project to install a new dishwasher and clothes washer and dryer, my wife waited 9 months for the appliances to come. We kept being told they were back ordered due to Covid-19. Anyway it took just a little longer to install the dryer because it needed to be converted from natural gas to propane gas. All is well now with that, so back to the 72 C10.

Finally pulled the old Sbc and 4 speed transmission, then was able to get the cut measured out for the z cut, or step cut. I did it this way 8 years ago to my 68 GMC and it worked well , so I saw no reason to change. It’s been too long ago for me to remember who to give credit to for this style of frame shortening, but the info was found on this forum, so thanks to all who share their knowledge...
I have ordered a few parts (some are back ordered) with need to decide on , and order more this weekend.
Attached Images