View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 10:05 AM   #15
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

1/7/2023
I decided to swap both axles with disc brake setups. I found a set of later model axles in Joshua Tree CA with all new parts to do a disc conversion front and rear. We were heading to San Diego tomorrow anyway to see my son off on deployment......we are just taking a "slight" detour to Joshua Tree CA, on the way to San Diego. These axles are out of a later model squarebody truck and include a set of “Big Hubs” (Spicer Hubloc) locking hubs for the front. This is the same type of setup that was on my first truck (1973 K20) so it is period correct and adds a bit of nostalgia for me. The axles came with all of the steering linkage and the front should be a direct bolt in. The rear came with the spring plates as well. I am not yet sure if I will swap in the rear. On one hand, it would be nicer to have a 4.10 gear ratio as compared to the 4.57 that is in it now, but it would also take away from the originality of the truck. In any case, I purchased both axles. I can always sell it if I don’t need it.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote