View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 06:00 PM   #898
Russell Ashley

Re: My Big Fat Renovation

I didn't want to hear that. You get attached to people you have never met through a forum and it feels like you know them. I've followed his house remodel, then the garage build, and then the birth of his son. He had so much to live for and it breaks my heart that he lost his battle with cancer. I can also identify with some of the things he wrote about as I have been through some of them too. About seven years ago I was told that I had cancer. I asked the doctor how long did he think I might live and he said maybe four to five years. Fortunately I got into a clinical trial at the cancer treatment center at Emory University Hospital, and obviously I have outlived his estimate. There were times during the treatments that I felt worse than I ever thought was possible, and I definitely don't have the strength and energy that I had before, but I was able to celebrate my 80th birthday last August and I'm thankful for that. One thing Jesse said was that you don't worry about your truck, your tools, your house, or the other things that you love when you are thinking that you might not have long to live. Your wife, family, and friends become a lot more precious to you. It's sad that bad things happen to good people.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote