View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 10:45 PM   #5
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Questions for the tunners

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
Yes
yeah, so it is my understanding and I read about this years ago that you will never get the readyness checks to complete because you would have to install the rear O2 sensors for that, they have to warm up and report back to the PCM that they are ready, well say you do that, will the readiness check complete then, no, what? why?

because the O2 sensors are only a small part of all the junk you need, they sit behind the catalytic converter, which I doubt you installed in an LS swap as it does nothing in terms of performance and is only there to burn the exhaust gases that escaped the engine, ok so fine you install the cat, now will the checks complete, um NO!

what?

yeah its a mess, the system also ties into the EVAP Evaporations nonsense, ok fine, you install the EVAP sensor atop the intake manifold, there will the checks pass now? Nope

are you kidding me?

no now you need to run the evap lines to the gas tank, which means you have to install the stock gas tank, with the stock sending unit, and that has to pressurize to the spec expected by the PCM (aka brain) it's a nightmare

this is why we delete and don't care about this stuff in an LS Swap it's all emissions and SMOG test based

please check out this HP Tuners Tutorials they may help
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote