View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 10:08 AM   #130
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

12/9/2023
Epoxy Prime Applied to Cab
I believe that I have finally gotten the cab to the point where I can prime and seal the metal so that it doesn’t rust. I cleaned the metal as best I could with acetone and ensured that the entire surface had a decent tooth on it to accept the epoxy primer. I don’t have a paint booth unfortunately, so I was forced to spray this in my driveway. I have also realized that despite my best efforts, I am no painter…..I did get decent coverage, but I will have a ton of sanding to do. I got runs in the primer, and also had some dirt and crap fly into it as it was drying. I didn’t realize how challenging it would be to paint an irregular shaped object like a cab. There were some areas that I missed and some areas where I think the primer started to flash as I came back over it causing bubbles in it. It is nothing that can’t be fixed, but it will cause me a bit more labor in the future. My main goal anyway was to get a coat of primer on it so that it wouldn’t flash rust. It will likely sit like this until after the holidays before I can do anything else on it anyway.
I have decided however, that I will just have it painted. I still intend to do the body work to the best of my ability, but I found a guy local that will shoot paint on it for me. I figure that is the best course of action at this point. I think I can likely paint the smaller flatter things like fenders and such, but the big stuff I will leave to the professionals.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote