View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 01:20 PM   #2128
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Took out the dash gauge cluster and fixed the left blinker light bleed through that annoyed the hell out of me at night. I bought some rubber stock off Amazon (about the thickness of a bike tube) and used two sockets sizes and a BFH to stamp out circles that would fit under the cardboard blinker tubes (did both sides). Tested with the garage door closed - it's sealed perfectly!

During that repair, replaced the column's blinker/hazard mech (again). The last one I got the taillights wouldn't hazard, so that is fixed now!

While I had the dash out, I wrapped up my stereo wires with a fabric like black tape, the kind you would use in the engine bay. So that is all high and tight too!

During the week, got my replacement Precision Anti-rattle kit from Jeff @Precision (free). After cutting both sides of the outer rubber flap back to 1 inch (supposed to be 9/16) the belts fit more or less perfectly! This rubber flap is cut back to so the outer belt can get between the door and the vent divider.

I also got in this week and installed two new front '72 parking light sockets from anew4961. I was able to just buy the sockets from him, since I didn't need the lens. Last summer I installed LEDs replacements. I was missing a screw because one was frozen on and during disassembly for the LEDs and it broke. Plus that socket was a bit out of whack. With the reburbs I got new gaskets, which were sorely needed too. Very much overkill getting these socket replacements but I don't really care, it made it easier to just replace them.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote