View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #1
Moore87

My GMC re-restoration

Well, I have been a member here since 2009, and this is my first "real" post.
I have been slowly accumulating parts for this build over the past year or so and am ready to get started. This is up to date, hopefully trying to work through it quickly and have it 100% complete by the end of 2021. I now work from home full-time so i am able to go out and work on it immediately after work in my home shop so hopefully i make steady progress.

Ill probably catch some crap for chopping up this truck in the condition its in but its mine and I dont care haha.

A bit of background.

I worked with my dad, uncle and grapndpa to restore this truck about 15-16 years ago. At the time, we tried to get it put back together but just to "driver" type condition.

There have always been minor issues that I have worked on- no problem. But there are some issues that really have bugged me. Mainly panel fitment. The aftermarket panels were just installed, no fitting and right to paint. The body shop did excellent paint work, its mirror like in most places, but the panel fitment is horrendous. The doors have to be slammed hard enough where the welds broke on the upper window hoop on both sides

Recently started getting some paint cracking in the drip rails and i see some rust bubbling up around the fuel filler in the cab. So my idea, go ahead and tear it down and fix everything i dont like.

A few specs
ZZ4 crate engine
TH350
3.08 gear open diff

Completed work
1. FiTech fuel injection
2. Boyd welding fuel tank
3. NVU guages
4. Ron davis radiator with dual electric fans
5. Dakota digital fan controller
6. Porterbuilt front lower control arms +1" Forward
7. Borgeson quick ratio steering box

Plans:
1. Short bed conversion
2. Wood bed floor
3. No-Limit fat bar
4. CPP modular drop spindles
5. Homemade big brake kit (14" front, 13" rear)
6. Vintage air
7. Porterbuilt hood hinges
8. 700R4 trans with 2400 stall converter
9. perfect panel fitment
10. All green exterior
11. Mar-k lower woodgrain trim only
12. 3.73 gear, locker
13. 3/5 or 4/6 drop. wherever it ends up

Anyway, here are some "before" pictures
Attached Images

Moore87 is offline   Reply With Quote