Thread: 74' by Jabes...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #62
Jabes1

Re: 74' by Jabes...

I'm starting to feel better, installed the Windstar fans today. You can google install on these fans, its pretty straight forward and there are about a million and a half how to's, so I won't bore you with another one. There are many versions of the fans installed, but this is how I did mine. The fan covers my radiator pretty well, side to side, it fits perfectly. There is some slight trimming needed, which I did with a jig saw. At this point I had not even washed the fan.

You can easily see where it needs to be trimmed. Both areas aroud the water necks need trimming, around the petcock and the heater hose also need to be clearanced.

You can see where I trimmed around the upper water neck here. My little helper holding it place.... this girl loves to work on Daddy's Truck :]

The fans are mounted here, I lost the light so the photos aren't very good.

You can see where I mounted my relays. I wanted to keep it simple, not be super fancy and keep it functional... I love the idea of things that "quick release." I used some Bosch relays and bracket off of an S10 that I trimmed to fit. The relay bracket is spot welded to the radiator support. The relays are secure and can easily and quickly be changed out if need be. The fans are thermostatically controlled. I used the thermostat to trigger separate relays that power each fan.

A couple more views of the fans and relays.