Old 01-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #31
dunce79

Re: Dunce's 61 SWB Custom

Update time...

-Finished up the upper windshield channel area
-fixed some rust in the driver door jamb knee knocker area
-deleted the gas filler hole on the cab
-dash center speaker delete
-delete heater control and ashtray from the dash.. will put a small vintage control there above a new custom autosound head unit with bluetooth etc.
-With the vintage air unit, won't need fresh air from the cowl so usually I'd want to delete the grille from the cowl panel but did not want to lose the patina there so I chose to make a removable cover for the wiper arm mechanism intead. Fits under the panel and will seal to keep the air and water out of the cowl : ).
-fixed someone's hack job under the gauge cluster where they added some aftermarket gauges. Won't need those small holes either but its back to a factory look now and I think I'll put the check engine light and bright indicator LEDs in those small holes.
-Replacing door bottoms and small sections of the outter skins, again trying to retain as much of the original stuff as possible. Lots of measurements etc when doing the rockers and door bottoms paid off, everything fits damn nice and gaps won't be hard to dial in at all.
-Front suspension coming soon and I have a column and hydroboost brake system to mock up along with the throttle pedal.

dunce79 is offline   Reply With Quote