View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 03:43 PM   #90
67C10Step

Re: More on EVs from a guy trying to sell them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
It's great if an EV works for you. But they don't work for all of us, as evidenced by sluggish sales.

As for one winning out over the other, there should be room for both in a free country.
This is one of the biggest problems I have with not just EV's. Because something works for you and you like it, does not mean it works for me or I like it. Often the message comes with some moral or intellectual superiority connotation that is very off putting. I am not an unwashed idiot for not wanting an EV at this point. Quite the contrary, I have been an engineer for a very long time and there is no economic justification at this point for me.

You know what I would really like? Fast, efficient, and safe mass transit where someone else does the driving while I drink my coffee and read up on business. BUT, that is never going to happen in my area and many others for tons of reasons.

My work commute Wednesday/Thursday was driving to our Kansas City office for meetings and back. No way I could have done that in two days in an EV. For those driving to the same place less than an hour from home every day it would work and that's great.

What I don't like is big brother telling me what I am going to own and why because they have built some false economy with mandates. Technology and market should be what wins over mandates.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX