View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 01:35 AM   #1
R&B51

51 3100 shifter ideas besides column 4L65e

I had posted a thread on firewall steering column penetration options earlier. You guys had lots of good ideas and observations. One thing I had forgotten about, if terminate column inside firewall and shaft goes through pillow block type swivel bearing, column shift would be out of the picture (they seem to all go through the calling tube, and the tab moves up and down in the engine compartment). I’m not totally done with idea of the column extending through the fire wall, just would be a lot neater for me if I could just take the shaft through.
This is a full Corvette, rolling chassis with custom frame. Transmission is in the back. Shifter selector on driver side of transmission is about 5 feet behind the middle of the cab floor. Probably have to use shift by cable.

Now to the question,
Do you guys have ideas or pictures on floor shift options or otherwise without creating a console? I have a nice flat floor with no driveshaft hump and was going to use a 60/40 style Chevy truck bench seat with 4 inches cut out of it just to the passenger side of the driver. Attached is one picture I stole off of a Kindigit car show on TV. I like the looks of it but the ones I’ve seen online are pretty short and I was trying to raise the seat up a little bit for longer legs. Top of the seat is about 18 inches off the floor.
Any ideas or pictures of things that I work for you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

R&B51 is offline   Reply With Quote