View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #70
jorgensensc

Re: She won't fire up. Please help me! I"m at a complete loss!

UPDATE:
Got the new computer today and she now shifts through all gears. I was all excited that I took her for a little spin down the freeway. She ran pretty good, then something odd happened. She had no throttle response at all. I coasted her off the freeway and came to a stop. There was no response from the pedal at all. She just idled.I could hear it go in gear, but wouldn't move. So I turned it off. turned it back on and it idled like crap. But would idle forward (instead of idling and not moving at all), but ran like total crap.So I idled it another half mile towards the house when I decided to stop again. I then pulled the fuses for the tranny, started her up, and had third gear (like before I got the new computer). It drove just fun. So I stopped and put the fuses back in and it drove fine again. I drove it for awhile (didn't hammer it like I did when I first drove it on the freeway) and it drove and shifted fine. Then I drove it to pick up one son from daycare and it drove fine. It shifts a little odd, but that may be in the tune. Again I didn't hammer it the second time.

So pulled a couple of codes from it that I'm a little confused about. I cleared them and they reappeared. I got codes p0641 and p0651 and P2122 and p2123. The first two are low 5v reference, I think for some ac and fuel pump reference voltage. It may need to be programmed out of the ecm still, so I'm not terribly worried about those. The other two p2122 an p2123 are the ones I'm confused about. They are low and high voltage on the APP sensor. I didn't have this code on the other ECM that I was running before. Literally I unplugged the other ECM (with no code except ac refrigerant sensor) and plugged the new one in. So I have a few questions:

The new ECM is from a 2011 silverado with a 4.8 engine, is the pin out any different than the pin out for a 5.3 or 6.2 ECM? My alldata is for a 2011 5.3 ECM and the APP pinout is identical. I just don't know why it would throw those APP codes unless the pinout is different for the 4.8 vs the 5.3.

Is there any difference in stock torque convertors on the 6l80e in the 4.8, 5.3 or 6.2? I can't seem to find this info anywhere, and I'm curious if this is the reason for the delay after pushing the gas pedal and when the truck accelerates. It feels a little exaggerated. This may just be in the tune also.

The computer is tuned for a 4.8. Is there a tremendous difference in what the power and drivability should be when I get it tuned for the 6.2? May seem like a dumb question, and I'm sure it will. Actually I'm rally hoping so. I'm not terrifically impressed power wise, but it may just be the tune and tranny controls that need adjusting.
Thanks for the help guys!!
Shawn

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote