View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 11:08 AM   #915
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Sorry for the cliffhanger posting. I thought I would be adding some installed photos later that day but, things did quite work out as I expected. After I got the new seat installed and sat on it I realized the foam cushion was way too tall.

Compared to the old seat I was now sat about 3 or 4 inches higher. When I sat straight and looked directly ahead I was looking at where the window seal meets the sheet metal. Obviously that wasn't going to work so I called the upholstery shop and they said to bring the seat back to them and he would take 2 inches of foam out of the cushion.

So out with the new and in with the old! Ugh! Now more waiting for the upholstery shop!

But before I put the old seat back in I needed to repair the frame. Months ago my buddy was riding in the truck and decided he needed something out of his pocket so he pushed against the back with his legs and BANG! The seat broke. In the months since with one side broke the drivers side eventually cracked and now the back now moves back and forth a couple of inches.

After 4 hours of messing around with hammers, clamps, grinders and the welder I had the old seat repaired and installed. No photos of that part of the dog and pony show as I was racing to finish the repairs before dark. The next day I dropped the new seat off for the foam height adjustment.

Fast forward to yesterday and here is the adjusted seat installed. It is still a bit too tall as I'm looking through the tinted strip across the top of the window. I'm hoping the foam will soften up some with use. If not I may have to modify the mounts to lower the seat an inch.

Outside of that that the seat is nice and comfortable. The old lady even commented on how much better it feels than the old one. Big win there!
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 10-21-2022 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Changed 2nd photo.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote