View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:54 PM   #28
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

So yesterday my wife and I spent a few hours of 35* sunshine in the boneyard pulling parts. While I prepped the transmission for drop, and got the pedal yoke, and all the linkage; she was collecting the Heater box, wiper arms, and the lights. Then we got the donor rig lifted and we commenced to drop the tranny.
By the time we were done we were chilled to the bone, but happy. $150 and we walked away with all this stuff.

"We can fix it, my dad's a TV repairman, he's got an awesome set of tools!"

#1 is the complete tranny, from the pedals and yoke, linkage, to the bell housing, and clutch plate
#2 is a close up of the Hurst Indy shifter (we got the knob but the boot and boot plate were chewed up) I think with some clean and polish this alone may have reimbursed me the $150
#3 Heater box with core inside. This weekend I plan on buying a battery for the truck and testing the heater motor and a few other things. We also snagged wiper arms and wiper fluid bottle with mount bracket.
#4 is a back up light and license plate light we got off a foreign car. I am thinking the dual bulb license light will make a really cool cyclops for the back of my cab. Especially if I can link the bulbs to brakes and turn signals.... more to follow on this idea. Plus I think a center back up/trailer hook up flood light would not suck either. We shall see....
#5 is the "cyclops" light opened
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote