View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
Justin G

Re: Best LS Swap Candidate.....Help Me Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMC-YA68 View Post
I voted K5 just because I am partial. That LWB is clean and I think it's a cool story that is has the inline. I'd think you would have more fun with your new school combo in the K5 though.
Thanks....I agree it has a cool story. A guy named Craig Hover wrote a really neat article about it when he saw it at the 2014 Southeastern Truck Nationals show last year.

Check it out here....
http://www.hovermotorco.com/2014/07/...nationals.html

Quote:
Marty68
that 67 shouldnt be molested. leave it stock and enjoy it.
I know I've had trouble bringing myself to "molest" it. I've had the truck since last May but I haven't been able to bring myself to do anything to it other than take the beauty rings off the wheels, some maintenance, and drive it of course!

Quote:
First c10
I like the lwb but k5 has my vote for the LY6/6L80E. I put a 5.3 LC9/6L80E in my sons 70c10 LWB
Thanks for your vote. I'll have to check out your son's LWB LS swap....I bet he loves driving it.

Quote:
LockDoc
Re: Best LS Swap Candidate.....Help Me Pick
-
I voted K-5. It just seems right...

LockDoc
Thanks LockDoc!

Quote:
A1971Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty68 View Post
that 67 shouldnt be molested. leave it stock and enjoy it.
^^this^^^
"No molesting" seems to be a common response....Haha! The problem is I really like to customize things......and I really wanted this truck to be a short bed when I bought it. Also driving a 3-on-the tree, no PS, no PB, I6 powered LWB isn't all that fun unless you are cruising back country roads going 45 MPH.....and only going in straight lines. Turning around a LWB with no power steering is a workout! Haha!

Quote:
68shortwide
im a 67-8 c10 guy all the way. But the K5 is just gonna be cool, swap the K5
Thanks 68shortwide......me too on the 67-68's. Love em!

Alright guys so far it's pretty clear the K5 is in the lead. Does the shortening the truck to a SWB sway anyone toward the C10......or make everyone sick that someone would consider chopping down such a clean truck? Opinions welcome!

Thanks,
JG
Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote