View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 01:53 AM   #180
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

The motor accessory drive is installed. Had to dismount the blower to remove the snout and install upper pulley and hub. I also replaced the factory spring isolator from the snout to blower with a solid aftermarket type unit. It is a common wear item, the factory unit was shot. Blower belt sent with kit is to short. Emailed LSX Concepts and they replied quickly. They are going to send the correct belt with return label for wrong one. Great service from them as the kit was probably purchased over a year ago.

I need to measure for the serpentine rib belt and order. The power steering pump and pulley is a made to spec unit from Turn One and not from LSX Concepts. A belt was not included in the kit.

While blower lid was off I installed the 1" spacer. Supposed to increase flow. It increases plenum volume and helps correct the lean condition on the 2 rear cylinders that is on the LSA Camaro lids. Stated hp gains vary from a negligible 5hp to over 20hp. I have the room to install the spacer and I figure that it cannot hurt. Should have took more pics while disassembled but tend to forget when I get into the work.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote