View Single Post
Old 11-20-2021, 04:10 AM   #181
Richard

Re: Restomod 72 K10 "Good Memories"

Been doing some work that pays. A little time for the truck. Replacement Gilmer belt arrived today and I threw it on. Figured out correct fan belt and installed a few days ago. Used the string measuring method around pulleys and the measurement was several inches shorter than belt provided with kit. PS pulley in kit is 5.2" and mine is 6.5" so i knew it was wrong. Found the next three sizes up from kit belt available local. Picked them up, two sizes up was perfect and I took the others back.
The Gilmer setup is not needed as I am only running about 10 psi of boost. Only reason is I always wanted to have a vehicle with a roots type blower and old school blower belt setup. Just think it looks cool. Can always go to the rib type belt if I do not like it.
Initial mockup for front shocks. Need to get steering sorted out so I can find final frame panhard bracket location. Local 4x4 shop let me use several pitman arms for fitment, none of them seemed to work well. Ordered another one that may be here tomorrow.
Ordered some couplers and studs to raise the engine cover mounts so it can be used with the lid spacer. I see that most just ditch it when running the spacer. I like it.
Attached Images

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote