Thread: 47-59 VIN verification help
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 11:56 PM   #8
joedoh

Re: VIN verification help

yes and pay attention to whats coming on your state legislature, just a year ago (two this summer!) the kansas house lobbied and passed a law that you could complete antique registration without inspection on vehicles 60 years old and older. the previous law was written as older than 1950, so if you wanted to build an old truck and it wasnt running, the butt mucher sphincter inspectors would only give you a non-highway title for 1950 and newer, even though there was nothing in the law about it. 1949 and down though, bill of sale, insurance, and you had a tag that day and a title in a week. now its 1963 and down! no inspection. the year prior they passed law that an antique could have any combination of old and new parts as long as the body and title were antique. this last year they said private restorers and rebuilders could remove serial and VIN tags without a trooper present. thats a big deal!

i had this kind of trouble with a non highway inspection on my 1972 barn find BMW, they would not let me complete registration, until i asked the inspection supervisor to show me the exact passage of law that said I couldnt. she couldnt, or wouldnt, and allowed me to register the car. my point is to BE THE EXPERT. know what they look for, know the process. every time I titled the 1949 and older trucks before the rule change, the tag gals would insist i needed an inspection, but the manager of the tag office would always correct them.

be the expert!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote