View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 08:44 PM   #1
87chevy.com
BMW & ASE Master Certified

custom 5/8 a/c low side line tubing question

I am working on getting the low side a/c hose fabbed up on my LS swapped 5 series BMW that i'm putting for sale afterwards, but it needs a multiple bend of #12 5/8 tubing to make everything jive. Ive made 2 orders of different variety of parts/fittings/tubing bending attempts and cant seem to make it look nice and clean as a 1pc tube would.

Im considering investing in a mandrel bender just for this one size as the Rigid 5/8 tube bender radius is just not tight enough (its 5")... really smooth bend though.

I've needed pre bent tubing connected to the a/c pad before on my last 2 L83 swaps... all of those bends were saved from OEM evaporators and such...

Anyone else feel this is beneficial.. it would require brazing on fittings but the
result is tighter and tidy looking connections. Looking for purpose after making this 1 single tube If I bought it it would be a service i would offer but unsure if if its even needed.. Ill add pictures tomorrow of the last 2 swaps

New project: 2006 BMW x5 6cyl AWD to L83 6l80e 4wd to 2WD / RWD

A poor man buy's it twice

finally got my domain name back, 87chevy.com.... site rework in progress
87chevy.com is offline   Reply With Quote