View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 01:04 PM   #47
davem815

Re: Grandpa's Truck '71 Chevy C20

I had the original brake booster/master cylinder and calipers rebuilt by a local shop, Fort Wayne Brakes and Materials. The brake pads and rear wheel cylinders probably came from NAPA.

This my Dad's truck and one of the vehicles I learned to drive a manual on. My son named it "Grandpa's Truck" and the name stuck and I call it that now, even though it was my Dad's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
It brings a smile to my face to see builds like this.

I finally was able to buy back my grandfathers 71 gmc Sierra and it’s been the best experience ever in a vehicle, I smile every time I turn that key and hear it crank up

Where did you get your brake kits from? I am needing to have the front and rear brakes replaced eventually and might as well replace the axle seals and so on

The truck has a little over 75,000 miles on it when I was able to finally buy it this last April and now it’s well over 80,000 original miles

What would you recommend for a brake booster and master cylinder combo. Mine is the original ones and it appears the original master cylinder may of been rebuilt at one point in time

I also see you fixed your steering column situation. My turn signals won’t stay clicked and I’ve noticed the steering feels loose? If that’s the best way to say it

Overall, it makes me genuinely happy to see someone else put their heart and soul into an old truck

Especially their grandfathers
2014 GMC K2500 Crewcab 6.0 gas
2005 GMC Canyon Ext cab 4wd daily driver
1963 F*rd/Howe C750 fire truck 11,000 miles
davem815 is offline   Reply With Quote