View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 04:45 PM   #1
cornerstone

Texas C10 Nationals

The Texas C10 Nationals are this weekend, and as usual it's hot and humid. I spent a few hours walking around checking out all the trucks entered into the competition, the autocross track timed events, vendors and the large number of bearded old fat dudes and dudettes rolling around on electric scooters. I would fit in that category... only I wasn't smart enough to reserve one in advance. I noticed there were many more square bodies than the previous years. I also picked up a new blue dash pad from Southwest Classics. I guess I'll sell the gray one I bought when my plan was to go with red and white colors so if interested I'll post it up for sale in the proper thread soon.

That red and white 68 Chevy truck looked like an honest original fun daily driver, assuming it had air conditioning.

The blue 72 step side won the shiniest truck award in my opinion. So clean it must be a trailer queen.

The ratty long bed has to be one of the coolest sleepers in the world to drive. I love the finishes they chose under the hood..

And lastly a near perfect restoration with mild and tasteful upgrades any one of us would love to own.

I have a few more pics I can post later.

*I see I posted this is the "projects and builds" section by accident. I intended to post it to the general 67-72 message board, my apologies.
Attached Images

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.

Last edited by cornerstone; 05-12-2023 at 06:34 PM.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote