Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

When my wife and I got married, we bought another house, which had a nice double garage and the truck was taken out of the weather and moved into it's new home. I was still raising kids and had a lot of other stuff going on at the time so the truck sat this way until the summer of 2008 when I finally had the chance to get serious on the tear down and rebuild. My plan was always to do a full frame off once I got started. I was limited on space because I had to share my garage with other "stuff" so I decided to tear down the front end first, then turn the truck around in the garage and do the rear suspension, etc., then rearrange things and pull the cab. Then I could complete the frame. Once the frame was pretty much complete, I would then start on rust repair and body work.
I managed to get the front end torn down to bare frame and the frame rails painted. I used Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator with a top coat of their Extreme Chassis Black satin paint. All new ball joints and control arm bushings were installed.
Attached Images

pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote