View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #105
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1981 GMC

Today I drove over to a friends that is over past Lafayette, Louisiana (about 220 miles). Steven (smbrouss70) offered me 2 250 six engines he has for parts. Since our weather has left both of our yards pretty soggy (it will take 6 months of no rain before anything big can go into the yard without sinking), decided just to grab the top ends for now. In a tight old shed, it worked my old muscles for sure getting them off. 50+ year GM torqued head bolts do not come out very easily. They are also heavy with both manifolds on, even with the 2 of us toting them. Dang I am getting old! Couple hours to get them out and loaded, then grabbed some food, then the 3.5 hr drive home. I was too tired and lazy to unload them when I got back, but I now have 3 old style heads now, so hopefully one of them will be good enough to redo and add to the 81 lower end.

Going to talk with the friend/machinist that builds race engines and see what he needs and what level I am going to go with it. Slowly, but I am making some steps (although they are sore at the moment )

Oh, the 3rd picture was his suggestion as a suitable sub for the 250
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote