View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 11:31 AM   #250
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: LockDoc's "Low Budget", "Low Maintenance" Project Thread

-
More delays. Had a tire tread separate on the rear of the '36 Ford Coupe, so I had to deal with that, and on the way back from a 220 mile trip with it a front wheel bearing went out. Luckily we were on the way back from the riverboat cruise and only about 30 miles from home. My friend Ron brought the trailer up and hauled me home....

Then the shift indicator pointer, in the tilt column shift collar broke off. This was on the '67 Chevy Panel Truck. The piece still in the shift collar slid down inside and locked the shift lever out of reverse and park. I looked up the problem in old threads on here and got that fixed. I swear, if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Anyway, I finally got the cruise wires figured out and connected on the Dually project yesterday afternoon. I use my "Helping Hands" tool to hold the wires while soldering, and I solder and heat shrink all of the splices.

I still haven't figured out what the black wire is for on the cruise connector plug. There are a few pictures on the board of the connector but they all just show 4 wires (white, green, red, & blue). Mine also has a black wire. I presume it is a ground wire but I would rather know for sure.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-12-2022 at 05:32 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote