View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #57
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullockchevy View Post
Just to confirm this is the correct part number for installing a 6L80E in my 69 C10? The website indicated it was only for the T56 transmission.

71222024HKR

I just recently purchased a 2010 Camaro SS and going to start the process of stripping it down to be the donor car for my '69 Step-side. I want to reuse as much of this car as possible and it looks like this LS swap system is the direction I want to go to bolt it in. Just not sure if I can keep the Camaro oil pan or if I need to buy the Holley 302-2 or 302-3 while I'm at it.

Thanks,
Trent
Trent, the base crossmember is the same for all the transmissions with their specific geometries addressed by the use of spacer blocks, as needed. The T56 mounts directly on the center beam as its mount pad elevation is the lowest of all the transmissions. I believe there will be more crossmember part numbers being released over the next few weeks to cover the other transmissions. I can’t say one way or the other if the stock oil pan on your engine will be compatible with the Hooker Blackheart engine mounting brackets, but my guess is it won’t be based on my experience.
Posted via Mobile Device
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote