View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #146
68GMCCustom
Truck and auto performance nut

Re: Project Underfunded / next phase - LSx carb'd to LSx efi

sorry guys. didn't have any updates as I've been down for a while with back issues. anyway...got a new drive shaft made as once I realigned my eng/trans angle recently, the d-shaft (which was too short already)...busted the rear u-joint hitting 2nd. I knew it was all off..... but as long as its been down with issues went for a #^@%*% drive anyway and broke it. Luckily the only thing that broke was being replaced anyway!

also bought some more gauges (to finish set) and a shim kit to fix my pinion angle. was to pick up my new d-shaft...but somebody shut my door that I left open (for a reason) and I overslept to pick it up! the family has been avoiding me all night!

I bought new 5" electric speedo and 5" 8k rpm tach. I'm most anxious about this gauge....a 3 3/8" dual gauge (not into the quads) for fuel level and oil pressure...

along with the matching 2 1/16" voltage and water temp gauges, takes care of the usual 6 in 5 holes, but also have a trans temp gauge and been thinking of getting fuel pressure to finish out the 7 holes...or will put an O2 gauge I ran when it was carb'd.

'68 GMC short step - NIB '09 LY6 6.0L crate motor w/mods, NIB '12 crate 4L85e w/billet 3k stall Circle D, 3.73 posi 12 bolt, DynaTech f-swap headers, 3/4 drop, handling mods, etc. - my toy
'72 Chevy LWB C-10 Highlander - 350/350 ps/pb/tilt/ac - not original but close
'06 Chevy TrailBlazerSS - LS2/4L70e - little black hot rod SUV - my DD
'18 Kia Sorento - wife's econo-driver
'95 Chevy S10 - reg cab shortbed, LS, 4.3, auto...

my '68's powertrain and chassis build -links broken
A surprise phase - carb to efi -links broken
68GMCCustom is offline   Reply With Quote