View Single Post
Old 07-09-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: An upcoming project - new wiring harness

All I can say about fuse block location is out of the way but easily accessible 80% of my having to get to the fuse block on my own rigs in the past 60 years has been on the side of the road when something wasn't working. Usually lights and more often than not tail lights or headlights. Having to twist around to reach the panel and see it with what you have for a flashlight can be a challenge at times.

Wiring harness to the engine compartment, out of the way enough so that it reduces clutter to a minimum but not all that far from the fuse block. Neat and orderly routing being as important as hidden.

My 48 had the fuse block on the engine side of the firewall and while I am not planning to put fuses in it I still have the cover that I had chromed for it in 1973 and am going to run my wiring through the firewall to it and may have a Terminal block inside it to be able to connect wires there but I am still up in the air on that. i have one of those blocks in my sailboat and it works well . https://www.bluesea.com/products/cat...Terminal_Block

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote