Thread: MD/HD Wreckers
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

Re: MD/HD Wreckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
I love this new section dedicated to the medium and heavy duty trucks! Wish I had a reason to own one.

A few heavies from my picture stash…..

I always like the looks of the Century wrecker bodies on the 92-’03 medium duties...

...Look at this beauty! I think I got these pictures from ebay or an old thread here somewhere?
Yeah,I have to agree. Both are equal in a level of modern style,yet not removed from the past. I would love to pick up a 3500HD 4wd conversion.
I think those medium duties are some great looking trucks. I've always felt the styling on 88-98 C10-30s were in a way the return cycle of 67-72 styling. No,they don't look the same,but they both have clean,rounded,smooth,trim,no BS styling. I also feel the 67-72s were the return cycle of the Advance Designs,for pretty much the same reasons.
Now that orange 60 or 61?...SWEET!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Well you all have once again proven to be a BAAAAAD influence on me. Going over tomarrow to try and make a deal on this realy rough C-50 wrecker. i should not do it, its more work than I need, has a GMC v6 partial swapped in ( front mount is not adapted so it has a piece of chain wrapped around the block ) booms are cracked and some of the winch gear is broken, but Dang they just look so tough and beastly I am afraid it will go to scrap if i dont save it. Pictures when the deal goes through and I drag it to its new home. ( Did i mention the flat black paint aplied with a broom?) on the plus side it Does have the Big back window which my heavy Duty C- 60 does not ;-)
Did I do that?

A while back in this thread,when Paws72 showed the green beast,I mentioned my friend Dale's wild recovery rig. It was originally built for the Navy. The 4wd conversion is Marmon Herrington. He moved the boom from behind the cab to rear of truck for better reach. This things a mega beast! Check out the custom made aluminum grille:

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-09-2013 at 08:37 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote