View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #2731
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrown50 View Post
Read this again, that little van still makes me chuckle
And that's what it's all about.

Well, that and doing all sorts of odd jobs Ian, along with getting me back on track.

I mentioned Kevin coming over.

Saturday of Easter weekend, early morning with his long VW van.

Loads of reclaimed timber, 3x3 posts from crates.

Also four met posts I bought off him for the same he paid as he was not going to use them.

Kevin had also agreed to come spend a few hours here, helping me break the back on this big dig out.

So we moved a lot of soil, some for top dressing the lawn, which ultimately I reused to raise the level under the pavers that were going into the shed.

Unfortunately I took no photos through the morning we worked as time was limited.

So once he went off to rejoin his family, I carried on levelling out the soil.

Preparation is as always one of the most important things to do.

Pavers and posts in place.

Saturday morning I was up by 05.00 and in the garden moving stuff around before 06.00 got to say I love summer.

I had some bricks to lay before going over to Katy's place. And to me time is precious, so get stuff done..... soonest.

I am using a solid lower level all the way around.

Kevin was also able to get me some railway sleepers that I am planning to use as the bottom of the shed, preventing the usual rot for a few years longer than regular pine.

Once I had laid the bricks, I watered down, but added some cement powder to the left over and then spread it with a yard broom just to get all the slabs the same colour.

Happy with the result too.

Weekends away from home frustrate me as I know how much work is still there, but as usual I guess there are times when doing nothing is the right thing.

So Katy and I ended up in Eastbourne.

Fish and chips, walk on the esplanade, ice cream and of course collecting holes rocks to string up under my tree.

Happy girl, exactly the opposite to not progressing with my build.

Still.....

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote