View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 11:45 PM   #267
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Great progress. Keep the pics coming.
Thanks Pete, don't tell anyone but I'll have two clones inside this cab, center air vent and speaker Looking forward to hearing a radio with good reception, it's real bad in my other truck, bad ground or something like. Nice radio though, it's really the only very clean part inside that cab.

The radio installed today came off a board member, I bought two NOS stainless caps same deal, he initialed the radio, said it worked, so I'm holding him to it Close call between that and the one I pulled out of the truck. Mine has ever so slightly better chrome, but the buttons on this one are perfect so in it went.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote