View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #67
CC69Rat

Re: Project O.G. - My First Ever Build

Chris --

Hang in there man. Life just happens sometimes. Ex. Read back over your post. Ask yourself what could you have done differently? I can't think of anything.. See what I mean? I am a worrier and stress over stuff too man but I just turned 40. I made a commitment to myself that I was going to get over stuff. Just ask yourself had it never happened is there anything I could have done to prevent it? .. well, not really. So why beat yourself up. I know it sucks but you just gotta pick up what you can and run with it.

The good thing about your truck is the longer you keep it, the more it's worth. The truck is not going anywhere, it's not eating anything. .. hang on to it as long as you can. They're getting super hard to find. I know what you paid for that truck and I can tell you with 100% certainty you could sell it right now and make a profit on it. Put $2k in a good 4/6 drop and a set of wheels and your profit margin goes even higher.

With these trucks, IMO it's all about the stance. You have to get it looking clean, but agressive too. Not over done but a stock looking truck with modern features, suspension, wheels, engines, etc. is really popular right now. These trucks are finally gaining some respect among the First Gen Camaros for example. I bought a running and driving 1969 Camaro for $2,300 when I was 18yrs old. Original California car, you could eat off the floor pans. Now, you couldn't touch that same car for less than $15k.

What I'm saying is there's no love lost in your truck. It can wait. .. take it one day at a time, do what you have to do and one day you'll turn around and the truck will be done.

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote